Safely enjoy locally made Adirondack Candles!

Adirondack Candles, made locally in Burnt Hills is the only candle line we carry here at Impressions of Saratoga for many reasons. We believe very strongly in doing as much of our business locally as possible, so selling this superior group of candles only makes sense. By keeping our buying local, we help to keep our dollars in our own communities. We’ve found Adirondack Candles far superior to many better know name brand candles. They burn cleaner, the scents last longer and the selection fits in with the lifestyles we enjoy here in Saratoga, on our surrounding lakes and the foothills of the Adirondack and Green Mountains. We are proud to partner with Cathy and Lane to offer these great candles to our friends, family and customers! The following is their missions statement!


Our Journey~ from Lane & Cathy from the Adirondack Candle Company

“The Adirondack Candle Company’s™ mission is to continue to grow from what started as a home based business and has evolved into something bigger.
What we do is simple: we make a great product that our followers love, and we do it all at an affordable price over those other bigger candle companies….oh, and we have a blast doing it!! We also realize we can’t grow without YOUR continued and gracious support, so we thank you in advance for discovering us and more importantly spreading the word about us to everyone you know. Thanks! Have a Great Adirondack Day!
Your Adirondack Guides, ~Lane and Cathy”

Nothing can replace the ambiance of a gently flickering light and the scent of a good quality candle, however, once a candle is lit, it is very easy to forget about it. There are great options out there with the very popular but quite costly flameless candles but they still can’t beat a real candle!

Statistics from the National Fire Protection Association:

Where Candle Fires Start : 35% in the bedroom, 16% livingroom, 14% bathroom and 11% in the kitchen.



from the National Candle Association

  • Always keep a burning candle within sight. Extinguish all candles when leaving a room or before going to sleep. Be sure the wick ember is no longer glowing.
  • Never burn a candle on or near anything that can catch fire. Keep burning candles away from furniture, drapes, bedding, carpets, books, paper, flammable decorations, etc.
  • Keep burning candles out of the reach of children and pets.
  • Trim candlewicks to ¼ inch each time before burning. Long or crooked wicks can cause uneven burning and dripping.
  • Always use a candle-holder specifically designed for candle use. The holder should be heat resistant, sturdy, and large enough to contain any drips or melted wax.
  • Be sure the candle-holder is placed on a stable, heat-resistant surface. This can help prevent heat damage to underlying surfaces and prevent glass containers from breaking.
  • Keep the wax pool free of wick trimmings, matches and debris at all times.
  • Always read and follow the manufacturer’s use and safety instructions carefully. Don’t burn a candle longer than the manufacturer recommends.
  • Keep burning candles away from drafts, vents, ceiling fans and air currents. This will help prevent rapid, uneven burning, and avoid flame flare-ups and sooting. Drafts can also blow nearby lightweight items into the flame where they could catch fire.
  • Always burn candles in a well-ventilated room. Don’t burn too many candles in a small room or in a “tight” home where air exchange is limited.
  • Don’t burn a candle all the way down. Extinguish the flame if it comes too close to the holder or container. For a margin of safety, discontinue burning a candle when 2 inches of wax remains or ½ inch if in a container.
  • Never touch or move a burning candle or container candle when the wax is liquid.
  • Never use a knife or sharp object to remove wax drippings from a glass holder. It might scratch, weaken, or cause the glass to break upon subsequent use.
  • Place burning candles at least three inches apart from one another. This helps ensure they don’t melt one another, or create their own drafts to cause improper burning.
  • Use a snuffer to extinguish a candle. It’s the safest way to prevent hot wax splatters.
  • Never extinguish candles with water. The water can cause the hot wax to splatter and might cause a glass container to break.
  • Be very careful if using candles during a power outage. Flashlights and other battery-powered lights are safer sources of light during a power failure.
  • Extinguish a candle if it repeatedly smokes, flickers, or the flame becomes too high.  The candle isn’t burning properly. Cool, trim the wick, then check for drafts before relighting.
  • Never use a candle as a night light.


Be the first out of the gate! Join our Mailing List!

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.