Canfield Casino at Night Print

$12.99$34.99

  • By Jerry Bradley
  • Framed Print:  Approximately 12″ x 10.5″
  • Print Only: 8″ x 10″
  • Some variation with frames
Clear

Description

The Canfield Casino is one of Saratoga’s most talked about landmarks. The Casino, originally dubbed the Saratoga Club House, was built by John Morrissey as part of Congress Hall, which was a large resort hotel that contributed to giving Saratoga Springs its fame as the Spa City. In its heyday, frequent visitors to the casino included wealthy members of the Whitney and Vanderbilt families, famous gamblers like Diamond Jim Brady and John Gates as well as a host of top-notch entertainers. This era of high-stakes gambling ended in 1907 when local reformers were finally successful in banning gambling in the city of Saratoga Springs. Canfield sold the casino to the village a few years later for less than he paid for it.

You may also like…

Be the first out of the gate with news about our special events!

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.