Thanks to all of the happy folks who turned out for the first (hopefully annual) Pre Holiday Shop, Sip & Stroll this past Wednesday in downtown Saratoga Springs! It was a truly wonderful event that was well received and hopefully be repeated. We were truly surprised by your response and thrilled with getting to see so many customers and to meet a lot of new ones too! As promised, here is our recipe for the Apple Cider Sangria that we served this past week at this fun event! I was told by a customer one night at the start of the fall about this yummy drink they had a Gaffney’s. I love the fall, love sangria and really like anything with apple cider so I decided this was what we would serve at the Stroll. I googled many variations of the recipe and used the ingredients listed in a combination of about 4 recipes! Like any sangria, the sky is the limit for ingredients, any fresh fruit that seems like it would fit in, probably will! Use this as a starter but get creative and have fun. I made 6 times this recipe and still ran out!
Impressions Apple Cider Sangria
- 1 bottle Pinot Grigio (750ml)
- 1/2 cup Ginger Brandy
- 2 1/2 cups fresh or spiced apple cider
- The juice of 1 orange (approx. 4 tablespoons)
- 1/4 cup cranberry juice
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 cored and diced apples (skin on)
- 1 cored and diced pear (I used a bartlett – nice and juicy)
- 1 sliced & quartered orange (rind on)
- 1/4 cup fresh or frozen whole cranberries
- Sparkling Water
- Mix everything together in a container (glass is best) that can be sealed. Swirl it around to mix and refrigerate overnight.
- Scoop some of the fruit in a glass cup, fill half with liquid and then top with sparkling water.
I’m looking forward to making this again for our Thanksgiving dinner and am sure it will vary a little butthat’s half the fun! Hope you enjoy this recipe as much as our customers seemed to. We also served a Roasted Red Pepper & Garlic dip plus a Boursin Cheese dip from Halladay’s Harvest Barn in Vermont. We sold out fo the dip mixes that night but expect them back in this coming week for those of you who were interested. We served them with Pita chips and Pretzel chips – simple and delicious!
Happy Holidays and thanks for your support